Expand Login

Website Question.

nation xexis
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
Hello, I am the Leader of DarkCodex Gaming and I was wonder how you guys built your website? I love the layout and the overall design of the website. I am trying to find some options to use for our clans website. Please don't think I am trying to copy your format, I am just trying to gain some insight on the process.

Signed,
DarkCodex Gaming's Leader Xexis
nation lead
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
It's built from scratch. Sorry that's probably not a very useful answer, but if you have a more specific question maybe I can be of more help. Is there a particular decision you're stuck on, or do you need to know where to start?

Thanks for the props though! Really appreciate it, and good luck with your own site.

signature
nation xexis
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
Well i am looking to make a Nice looking website as well an Easy to use website. because we use the free ones you can find that are hosted for you and all you have to do is change the name and the theme and your set and i am tired of that, I want one i can make our own and make it easier for the members to join and i have no clue how to Code or anything. I am probably Screwed.

Last edited by xexis Thu., Apr. 2, 2015 6:46:53 PM
nation Danny
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
Its never too late to learn a programming language. If you say you are brand new a very easy place to start is the hour of code. This website has some very basic interactive tutorials that get you started on the correct path. Khan acedemy also has a short course on some HTML basics here. It is going to take way longer than just one hour to make a website like this, but it won't hurt to start learning some programming early :) .

signature
nation lead
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
To get up and running you could certainly use an open source forum or CMS to handle the underlying functionality while you focus on making the front-end your own (HTML and CSS).

Work through a little bit of what Danny linked to every day and you'll get there.

signature
nation xexis
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
ok thanks where is a good place to like host it and stuff?
nation lead
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
I have no particular allegiance for hosting.

You'll probably want shared hosting because 1.) it's usually the cheapest option and 2.) the sys admin part will be taken care of for you. Most shared hosting providers are running practically the same setup, so it's just a matter of finding a good price with a company that seems credible.

signature
nation xexis
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
Trackback lead
I have no particular allegiance for hosting.

You'll probably want shared hosting because 1.) it's usually the cheapest option and 2.) the sys admin part will be taken care of for you. Most shared hosting providers are running practically the same setup, so it's just a matter of finding a good price with a company that seems credible.

Yea that's where is going to get though but if you have any more info that could help me that would be great. :D Thank you for all the help.

Copyright © 2008 - 2018 TAG Clan. Contact Privacy Terms of Use