Expand Login

Backing-up Your Saves

Saving your rank from the haxors

nation FatherSabre
TF2SWBFIILoLCSGOSWBF
Pts:
Add Friend:
Steam
If you play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, you will land in a hacked lobby one day, and in some cases the hosts will "generously" unlock everyone's achievements and levels for them. If you're like me and want to earn your ranks and achievements, than simply back up these 2 folders before every play session, and you will be all good.

The first folder is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ModernWarfare2 and is called "players". Create a new folder somewhere easy to access and copy the "players" folder into that. Next go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata and whatever folder is under that, and find the 10190 folder. Copy the 10190 folder into the same folder with the "players" backup and you're all set. Whenever you land in a hacked lobby simply exit the game and replace the current files with your backups(if you back them up before or after every play session you won't be set back too far when you are put in a hacked lobby). It's also good to play a match right after you do this so that Steam copies the correct versions to the cloud instead of the hacked save.

Now if you've already been in a hacked lobby and you've been ranked up, then you might have to reset back to level 0 by deleting "players" and "10190". But if you right click them and go to "previous versions" and there is one or more backups, simply copy the most recent previous version and replace the file(s) with that.

If you have any questions about this tutorial just post here, pm me, or hit me up on steam.

2015 and I'm still shit-posting - SMH
signature
nation Ratchety
TF2SWBFIILoLCSGO
Pts:
Add Friend:
XfireSteam
Be sure to turn off steam cloud save too, cause it was just reverting back to the hacked save when I tried to delete the files.

Apparently, another way to help block getting hacked is to not click the exit button, and instead just use the task manager to force quit the game.

Copyright © 2008 - 2018 TAG Clan. Contact Privacy Terms of Use